Event: Flood Watch
Sender Name: NWS Baltimore MD/Washington DC
Description: Potomac River at Edwards Ferry affecting Montgomery and Loudoun
The Flood Watch continues for
The Potomac River at Edwards Ferry.
* From early Wednesday evening until Thursday morning.
* At 8 PM Monday the stage was 8.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is possible.
* Flood stage may be reached by early Wednesday evening. Preparations
for flooding should be taken by this time.
Instruction: PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…
River flood forecasts are based on forecast amounts of precipitation
over the next 72 hours. If precipitation amounts are greater or less
than anticipated…river forecasts will differ. Updated watches or
warnings will be issued when necessary.
Additional information is available at http://water.weather.gov .
Once there, click on the local area to view river information.
Link to more Info: http://www.weather.gov
Area Description: Montgomery, MD; Loudoun, VA
Message Identifier: NWS-IDP-PROD-3121258-2757848
CAP MessageType: Update